RELEASED 07 AUGUST, 2019
- Two new filters for the patents added: 1) Priority year and 2) Filed year. Priority year is the filing year of the earliest application of which priority is claimed, Filed year is the year when a patent application is first filed at a patent office. Both are important dates in the history of a patent.
- Filter for Grant status and Clinical Trial status added: These filters allow you to filter by grants and clinical trials which a) are finished, b) have not started yet, c) are ongoing, and d) which have an unknown status (no start date / end date available). These filters not only allow you to quickly select e.g. grants which have not started yet – they are also more precise since they are calculated based on the day when the grant / clinical trial starts and ends.
- We implemented a new methodology to assign Fields of Research (FOR) categories to publications. The new methodology is improving both the precision and recall of the FOR categorization.
- The Field Citation Ratio (FCR) is now based on the improved Fields of Research categories (see above). The FCR values will change slightly due to the larger number of categorized publications.
- For all content types Dimensions now provides both the 4-digit and the respective 2-digit codes in the filter, the analytical views, and on the details pages. This means that you can now build queries with the broader 2-digit FOR codes and from the comparison charts you can directly add a 2-digit FOR code to the query.
- When selecting a more entities from a filter using the type-ahead, all selected entities are now added to the top of the filter section, i.e. when selecting more than 10 entities to add them to a group or a query it is now much easier to review and refine your selection before doing the next step.
- On all details pages we now show the normalized name of all research organizations when they have been disambiguated. In addition to this we show a tooltip with the “original address” when the normalized name is different from the name we got from the original metadata. This change brings more consistency in the way we display resolved organization names and the tooltips ensure transparency of the underlying data.
RELEASED 10 JULY, 2019
- Publication type “Books” renamed to “Edited books”
- Add link from proceeding details page to proceeding source title
RELEASED 24 JUNE, 2019
- Comparison chart – number of grants added as an option to analyze research categories per organization
- New indicator available in Analytical View ‘Overview’: “Publications with citations”
- Significant performance improvements for Analytical Views
RELEASED 29 MAY, 2019
- Disambiguated researchers are now available for clinical trials. You can search for researchers using the researcher filter and analyse involved researchers with the ‘Researchers’ Analytical View.
- The compare chart has a new look and you can export the charts as jpeg, png and pdf. This chart type is available in Dimensions Plus and Dimensions Analytics for all content types and allows you to compare the activity per research category of two research organizations or funders.
- Chart settings are now stored until you leave the Analytical View. This allows you to add / remove filters or change the keywords without loosing your defined settings.
RELEASED 13 MAY, 2019
- Clinical trial references – Dimensions is extracting clinical trials references from publications. and shows the more than 1 million extracted links between clinical trials and publications on publication and clinical trials detail pages as ‘Clinical trial references’ and ‘publication citations’. References from clinical trials to publications are shown as ‘clinical trial citations’ and ‘publication references’.
- The citation indicator available in the ‘Overview’ panel has now three options to aggregate citations: total, mean, median.
- The bar chart visualization available in grants (research categories) has a new look and allows you to export the chart as jpeg, png, and pdf.
RELEASED 13 APRIL, 2019
- ICRP Common Scientific Outline (CSO) and ICRP Cancer types have been added as new classification systems. CSO is a classification system organized into six broad areas of scientific interest in cancer research. ICRP cancer type coding scheme complements the CSO and is linked to the International Classification of Diseases. Both classification systems are available in Dimensions Analytics.
- You can now export tables with entities such as researchers, organizations, or source titles from Analytical Views as xlsx and csv. Available in Dimensions Analytics.
- Indicators in the Analytical view are now grouped by indicator type: Output, Academic impact, Altmetric attention.
- Funding amounts for grants can now be shown in New Zealand Dollars.
RELEASED 13 MARCH, 2019
- Bug fix release
RELEASED 5 MARCH, 2019
- With ‘Search in DOI’ you can now search for a single DOI or multiple DOIs combined with boolean ORs.
- There is now an ‘Open access’ Analytical View which includes visualizations to analyze OA activity over time and to create pivot tables – you can also select ‘Open access’ in all other heatmaps which allows you to quickly analyze the OA distribution per research category, organization, funder etc. Available in Dimensions Analytics.
- To reduce the clutter in the left-hand side filter panel we group filters as Research Categories, Location – Research Organization, and Patent categories.
RELEASED 14 FEBRUARY, 2019
- Dimensions Plus now supports the operator * which represents any group of characters, including no character.
- Details pages of edited books show the chapters published in this book.
- Book series title on details pages are now clickable which adds the book series to your query.
RELEASED 31 JANUARY, 2019
- Updated Source title facet / AV (includes book series)
- Registry country added to CT registry facet
- CiteSpace (linkout in the export confirmation popup, export center)
- Link from Chapter to Edited Book on details page
RELEASED 15 JANUARY, 2019
- Alerting – When creating a favorite you can opt-in to get email alerts for new items added to Dimensions. Alerts can be managed in the ‘browse favorites’ view.
- ‘Publishers’ Analytical View ‘ added including timeline and heatmap visualizations. Available in Dimensions Analytics.
- Export for bibliometric mapping now includes additional data which allows you to perform co-citation analyses with VOSviewer and term co-occurence analysis based on the publication title .
- Autocompletion in the research organization filter shows a tooltip with the full organization name, city and country.