Dimensions: search and explore… to find and understand
The solution for everyone involved in research and innovation
What Dimensions does for you
Having access to the world’s largest research information database is just the beginning – Dimensions provides you with a powerful search tool and discovery capabilities to open up a huge range of insights. Dimensions has a myriad of uses ready for you to explore, customize, and optimize to help achieve your goals.
Dimensions provides a platform for every research need
How much you want to explore and analyze with Dimensions is up to you. This is what Dimensions offers:
- Access to the world’s largest linked research database, covering publications, grants, patents, clinical trials, datasets, policy documents or technical reports
- The opportunity to explore and analyze links between documents and understand the entire research landscape: individual researchers, research organizations, funders, source titles, publishers, open access, trending topics, and so much more
- A flexible platform tailored to the needs of academic institutions and their researchers, government organizations and agencies, funders, publishers, and R&D departments – whatever your focus might be
Dimensions enables you to search, extract and analyze the research data you need, whenever you need it, how you need it.
Full text search for more than 200 million documents, with metadata filters, similarity search, and advanced features that enable you to structure the search in the way you want, and define your own groups of entities.
Aggregate and visualize data within the application itself, with heatmaps, VOSviewer and more. Use impact metrics based on Citations data / Altmetric Attention Score are also available.
Export Dimensions metadata – for analysis, to build VOSviewer networks, to import into reference managers, or to create result sets for Dimensions’ dashboard apps.
Manage ORCiD records, ReadCube Papers integration, BibTeX/Ris exports, and more.
Faster access to published research with Open Access linkouts based on Unpaywall, integration with GetFTR & LibKey, and OpenURL resolver support.
Integration with other Modules&Apps
Analytical and workflow apps for different users and use cases – all drawing on the world’s largest linked research information dataset.
Proprietary data such as grant applications can be enriched and securely integrated into a custom environment, for further analysis and reviewer identifications.
Support & training
Our 24/7 support team is always available to help.
Dimensions is available at different levels, so you can choose the version best for you.
- Dimensions Analytics – our primary solution. You receive full access to features and data – one platform for research discovery and analytics
- Access the free version: app.dimensions.ai
- You can also have a custom configuration according to your organization’s needs, either as a publicly available portal or with proprietary data securely integrated.
Dimensions enriches data… and the value of your research
Dimensions in action
Dimensions has improved the ability of the National Physical Laboratory to do research evaluation and analysis by a factor of 10
Using Dimensions’ robust grants database to assess the state of Canadian climate science